January 14, 2013
For years our customers have asked us for abrasive grinding wheels—whether you use them for auto body work, sharpening tools or metal fabrication. Now we have partnered with Camel Abrasives to offer you the most requested bonded abrasives line from over the years. These abrasive grinding wheels are used on cut off saws, die grinders, angle grinders and bench grinders.
When using bonded abrasives, always follow these recommendations:
- Allow the wheel to attain full speed before it touches the workpiece.
- After installing a wheel, test run the tool for 60-90 seconds before touching the workpiece.
- Use gentle pressure when touching the wheel to the workpiece.
- Cut or grind with a smooth, even pace. Do not force the wheel…but do not proceed so slowly that burning occurs.
- Do not exceed cutting capacities as specified on the wheel by Camel Abrasives.
- Wear eye and ear protection, gloves, a long sleeve shirt and any other safety gear recommended by your tool’s manufacturer.
- Never use a dust collection attachment when cutting metal.
- Do not use cutting lubricants with cut-off wheels and only use them on grinding wheels if specifically endorsed by your tool’s manufacturer.